MIUI MIUI 12.5 China Beta are Closed China Beta Builds which provide all the updates on time by Xiaomi. This project is endeavored with the best available features provided by Xiaomi with customized features best suited for well-refined experience.
MIUI Xiaomi EU currently supports Redmi Note 5 Pro/AI (WhyRed) and mainly focuses on Battery-Friendly as well as Performance required for On-Demand High-End Gaming. Basically it is ported from Redmi Note 7 (Lavender) as it’s Android 10 stability is unmatched.
Main project maintainer for China Beta Android 10 : Pritish Singh
Some MIUI 12.5 China Beta Features :
It is worth mentioning that these closed beta builds are meant for the Chinese variants, as Xiaomi suspended the rollout of MIUI global beta since last year. As a consequence, you have to flash these recovery ROMs using TWRP to bypass the MIUI beta account whitelisting. Do not expect Google Play Services or any pre-installed Google apps in them. Language options are likely limited to English and Chinese only, too. Xiaomi has yet to launch MIUI 12.5 globally. Meanwhile, you can try out the closed betas from China.
The beta MIUI 12.5 builds listed below are based on either Android 10 or Android 11, depending on the device. If you are looking for MIUI 12 stable releases, you can find those here.
MIUI 12.5 Full Changelog
- MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limited to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- System Animations:
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- System Sounds:
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Stereo system sounds.
- Super Wallpapers:
- New: Mount Siguniang super wallpaper.
- Privacy Protection:
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save texts, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamix layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
- Apps from your phone can be handed off to your computer.
- The items copied on a phone can now be pasted on the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be instantly used on a computer.
- Web pages can be seamlessly handed over from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI+” panel on your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computers.
- Floating Windows:
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
- Learn more about new features in “Special features”/
- Xiaomi Health:
- New: You can measure your heart rate using the camera now.
- New: Start recording running, walking, and cycling workouts manually, and enjoy lots of online workout classes.
- Optimization: Automatic workout recognition is much more accurate now.
- Home screen:
- New: “Ripples” animation for downloading apps.
- New: “Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: New design for app folders.
- New: A vertical layout for Recents.
- New: The aspect ratio is adjusted to the external monitor automatically during casting.
- New: The audio of the app that’s being cast in a floating window is separated from other audio.
- Xiaomi Cloud:
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- New: Convert images to PDF.
- Mi Carrier Services:
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.
- Mi Family:
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- Optimization: Revamped device control center.
- Optimization: Local search results are sorted automatically now.
- Optimization: All-new design.
- pure china beta nothing additional added
- playstore is certified
- initial build just tag @pritishingh07 for bugs
- extended kernel
- face unlock death
- internal error warning after restart (ignore it)
Redmi Note 5 Pro/AI (WhyRed)
Google Apps (GApps) [Just Flash after ROM if you want Playstore]
Supported Devices Are :
- WHYRED (REDMI NOTE 5 PRO/AI)
Thanks And Regards:
Abhishek Shakya (AbhiXShakya), Thanos AKA Manoj, EdwardROCKS and all of our PortHUB Family.